|ESPRESSO BAR HOURS:||GALLERY HOURS:|
|Monday through Saturday 8AM-8PM||Tuesday through Thursday 10AM-5PM|
Title: New Works - The Potters of Smicksburg
Opening reception: Friday, May 10 6:00 - 8:00pm
We have some exciting things happening in the gallery!
Our music acts, held every Friday from 6pm until 8pm, will include:
- May 3rd - Jumpin Rob, from the group, Whiskey Run Bluegrass, who recently played at The Brown
- May 10th - TREE, a traditional Irish/Celtic, Bluegrass musical act from Johnstown
- May 17th - Jazz Guitarist Al Craige, a gallery favorite
- May 24th - Striped Maple Hollow, also from Johnstown, who plays traditional folk and alternative country sounds
- May 31st - I Speak the Password Primeval Poetry reading
Still Life Painting Class
Jolene Joyner, a member of the IAA, will be teaching a still-life painting class on Saturday, May 25 from 9am until 4pm, with an hour lunch break.
Children’s Make-and-Take Workshops
When: May 4th, 11th & 18th. June 1st & 8th, 2013
- Session 1 from 10:00am to 11:30am
- Session 2 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
What: Five talented Art Educators teach five different Creative activities.
Who: Children ages 6-12
- May 4th, Mothers' Day ceramic painting led by J.R. Sherburne.
- May 11th, Traditional African Tie-Dye class taught by Sandy Trimble. Bring a cotton shirt.
- May 18th, Building structures (a wood class) taught by Katie Ott.
- June 1st, Amber Niedomys will instruct the class on how to create mobiles!
- June 8th, Trish Dodson will teach the basics of hand paper making. Bring a towel for transport.
Cost: $20.00 per class per child, or if you preregister, $95.00 per child for all five workshops.